Wedmore Wellbeing Day – 17th September 2022
We are delighted that plans are well underway for our second Wedmore Wellbeing Day. Our first Wellbeing Day in October 2019 was considered a great success. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we have not been able until now to hold our second Day. So, unless the situation changes, we will be holding our second Day, which we hope will be bigger and better! We have some new exhibitors booked as well as many of those who were present in 2019.
At the Wellbeing Day this is your opportunity to find out and, in some cases, try out what is on offer for Wedmore residents to promote our health & wellbeing. Representatives from our key partners for our health will be there –
- Wedmore Pharmacy, Wedmore Dental Practice, the Health Coach and The Village Agent. Axbridge & Wedmore Medical Practice will have relevant information on display.
- There will also be representatives from some of the many clubs and organisations which promote our wellbeing in the Five Ways to Wellbeing. There will be FREE taster sessions with some of the more participatory clubs, for example Tai Chi, Piloga & Pilogafit.
- If you want to refresh your knowledge of resuscitation, then there will be FREE sessions available. Meet our Community Police Support Officer. Find out what support is available for fire prevention in the home.
- What is a Lasting Power of Attorney and how can I get one – find out on the 17th September.
- Find out how the Citizens Advice Bureau can help us. How can we access support for younger people? People who can help with all these issues and more, are booked for our Day.
Our three venues are:
- Wedmore Village Hall,
- the Masonic Hall
- St Mary’s Church.
So make sure you visit all the three venues between 9.30am and 2.30pm on Saturday 17th September to find out and try out what Wedmore has to offer to keep us as healthy and as happy as possible. There will be exhibitors for people of all ages, including for children & young people. And we will all need sustenance during the day, so refreshments will be available in St Mary’s Church.
Each household should have received a Directory of resources related to promoting our health and wellbeing. We hope that the information in the Directory and the Health and Wellbeing Day will inspire us to live life to the full! If by some chance you did not receive your copy, please collect your FREE copy for residents of the Parish at each of the three venues.
The Directory and the Health & Wellbeing Day are supported by Axbridge & Wedmore Medical Practice and Wedmore Parish Council. Thank you also to Reverend Richard Neill for the use of St Mary’s Church on the Day.
We are looking forward to a busy, enjoyable and informative Day!