Wedmore Good Neighbours, established at the beginning of 2021, is a group of local volunteers that provides a helping hand to anyone in and around Wedmore who would welcome it.
- Lifts to medical appointments, club meetings and social events
- Help with simple tasks around the house and garden – washing, ironing and minor maintenance or repairs
- Assistance with pets, dog walking
- Running errands to local shops, collecting prescriptions, posting a letter or parcel, taking something to recycling centre
- Company over a cuppa or on a walk
- Help with IT, letter writing, filling out forms etc
We’re not part of the health service, social services, or an emergency service. Nor are we professional tradespeople – we’re just good neighbours willing to lend a helping hand.
Occasionally we have to turn down requests where the ask is not covered by our insurance policy. Please be reassured that all volunteers have completed an Enhanced Criminal Record Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Call us on 01934 806299 and leave a message – a volunteer will call you back within 24 hours.
If you know someone who might need or like our help, get them to call us – we can only respond if they ask us to.
We’re recruiting volunteers now!
We’re also keen to hear from people who would like to become a volunteer – do call us on:
Just a last word – we are not an emergency service and do not take the place of health and social services – our role is to be Good Neighbours!
If you would like to know more about how we operate Click here for more…..
Wedmore Good Neighbours have received grants & support from a number of organisations including: