The Wedmore Good Neighbours Group was created in 2021 to offer support local people who might be struggling during the Covid crisis. Born out of that resurgent community spirit it continues to harness the goodwill of volunteers for the benefit of those amongst us that could use a helping hand.
- Providing lifts to and from medical appointments, club meetings and social events
- Assistance with simple tasks around the house and garden
- Helping with pets, such as dog walking when you are unwell
- Running errands to local shops, collecting prescriptions, posting a letter or parcel, taking something to recycling centre
- Providing friendly company over a cuppa or on a walk
- Help with simple IT issues, letter writing, filling out forms
We’re not part of the health service, social services, or an emergency service. Nor are we professional tradespeople – we’re just good neighbours willing to lend a helping hand.
Occasionally we have to turn down requests where the ask is not covered by our insurance policy. Please be assured that all volunteers have completed an Enhanced Criminal Record Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to get help
Call us on 01934 806299 and leave a message – a volunteer will call you back within 24 hours.
If you know someone who might need or like our help, get them to call us – we can only respond if they ask us to.
Want to become a volunteer?
We’re very fortunate to have plenty of people enrolled as volunteers. However, if you’d like to join them we’d love to hear from you. Please call us on 01934 806299.
Is there a charge for using the service?
Wedmore Good Neighbours is operated by volunteers and is free to use. However, the group does have running costs – insurance, petrol expenses, as well as the vetting and training of volunteers (all are DBS checked). So, if you do use the service and want to make a donation, this is always very welcome – just talk to your volunteer.
MAKE A NOTE OF THE NUMBER – YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED IT
If you would like to know more about how we operate Click here for more…..